This is the official hompage of the student association of mathematics at the Unviersity of Tübingen. You can find information about upcoming events, tipps for for first semester, examinees´ logs of their exam, and much more.
- At the moment, students are asked to take part in the CHE ranking of science studies. This ranking tries to categorize study paths depending on the evaluation of students in it. The CHE ranking helps future students to compare different universities and colleges to decide where they want to study in the future. Due to the fact that only some students are asked to participate, it is very important that those who do get an email will do so. We need you to give Tübingen the rating it deserves. Moreover, participation gives you the chance to change things you do not like in your studies because your faculty will pick up on your evaluation. So, please assume the responsibility given to you and send an honest evaluation. Those who can´t depend on you.
- You can find the planned lectures of the next two semesters here (on the rigth).
- If you have any questions regarding the registration for the exams on Alma, you may find an answer on this Website or here.
Forum for Questions Concerning Maths Exercises and to Meet Other Students
- Math Hour:
You have problems with your exercises? Or other questions of mathematical content. That is what the MathHour is for. From Monday until Friday, 2pm – 3pm, you can find it on the Ilias platform.
- Digital Meetings for Mathematics Students:
Since the summer term 2020 there is a meeting place at the Discord-Server. You can meet other mathematics students to talk about your exercises, find new friends or simply talk to the students who are online at the same time as you.
There is also a forum for questions concerning your studies that is managed by us, the student association. Whatever question you have, simply ask, we promise you get an answer.
You want to meet new people or just your friends for a games night? Perfect! That is what the “Mathe-Stammtisch” is supposed to be. Every third Friday of the month at 8pm we meet via Discord and play various games like codenames, Beerpong, Montagsmaler etc. Click here.
Mentor Programme for Freshmen
Since the summer term 2020, there is the mentor programme for all newcomers at mathematics. The programme has the objective to make the start at mathematics easier. The idea is quite simply: Every student of one of the basic modules, Lineare Algebra 1 or Analsis 1, is matched to a mentor – an advanced student – who can help with problems, questions and much, much more.
It could be:
- “How many lectures should I chose to attend in my first semester?”
- “I have really no idea, how to put my ideas for my proof on paper!”
- “I need to talk to my tutor/my professor, but I don´t know how .”
More inforamtion: Mentor Programme.
On Alma you can find information about if and in what form the courses take place in WS 20/21.
If you could not find the information you were searching for, just have a look at the homepage of the Mathematical Faculty, where most of the current information around Corona and the regarding regulations of the University are provided.